JOIN OUR TEAM
Junior Graphic Designer
MUST LOVE SHAPES, COLORS AND TYPE
Who We Are
Founded in 2011 in Atlanta, Station16 is a small yet versatile brand agency, and we have assembled a merry band of tacticians and creatives to build and grow our clients’ brands. From brand formation to social media management, from video production to website development, we offer a wide range of services to a diverse array of clients, including start-ups, large corporations, and non-profits.
Create With Us
We started Station16 with a primary goal of building better brands. So many businesses and organizations have brands that don’t reflect their goals or potential. Our purpose is to help each brand define its strategy and message and build a brand and story that fuels its future.
Saber fights are possible, but not guaranteed.
Junior Graphic Designer | Part-Time
ROLE + RESPONSIBILITIES
We are a nimble band of unique thinkers, creators and generally fun people who like to help our clients tell their story. Through great design, strategy and an authentic narrative, we help our clients connect with their audience. We build better brands.
We are looking for a junior designer who wants to be a part of an engaged team. The responsibilities of a junior designer include creating designs according to specifications, reporting to the senior designer, and improving design tasks. We thrive in collaboration and drive towards the best creative process. If you want to help others and work in a team environment, our team could be yours.
We’re currently working (mostly) remotely due to COVID-19, but going forward this position would be a mix of remote work and in-person at our office located in West Midtown Atlanta.
Our current need is for 15-20 hours per. Although this position has the potential to grow into a full time position in the future.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- 2-4 years of brand or web design experience in a design agency or equivalent setting
- Bachelor’s Degree – BS/BA/BFA – in Graphic Design or related field, or equivalent experience
- Ability to brainstorm, research and sketch brand concepts
- Assist in building the visual components of a brand from logo mark, type systems, color palette, photography treatments
- Bring the brand to life through collateral and digital media
- Staying up to date with industry trends in branding, type, and visual storytelling
DIGITAL AND PRINT COLLATERAL
- Designing ad campaigns and branded collateral
- Building and designing emails •Designing engaging presentations
- Creating eye catching social graphics for a variety of clients
- Developing a branded look and feel for social accounts (internal and external)
- Ability to retouch photos and make them work for a variety of purposes/sizes
- Creating flyers, banners, books, and various other printed materials WEB/DIGITAL
- User experience brainstorming, mapping, and development
- Researching current web trends and bringing the latest in web to clients
- Designing websites and web assets with the client’s needs in mind
ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE IN
- Team collaboration
- Research and strategy
- Bringing new ideas to the table
- Keep files and folders organized and easily accessible
- Monitor and track project time accurately and daily
- Clearly expressing your creative vision for projects
- Detailing your ideas and projects internally for review
- Knowledge of the Design Thinking framework
- Layout, photography, graphic elements, color, and typography principles
- Detailed knowledge of and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with HTML/CSS/coding is a plus
- Experience in WordPress
- Experience/familiarity with Divi WordPress Builder or Elementori
- Ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Delivering high quality finished products to clients with accuracy in mind
- Good collaboration skills that support the rest of the team
- Maintains a high degree of organization and attention to detail
- Humility, Empathy, Compassion and Curiosity
- Strong branding experience
- Nerds out on coffee (or other beverages)
- Ability to design and illustrate in a range of styles
- Lover of puppies
- UX and UI experience with a portfolio of web work
- Ability to think strategically about design solutions that meet the client’s needs and goals
Join the Team
Complete this application form below, and we will be in contact to discuss next steps.